Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Faces Beyond the Veil

Early this morning, as I sat in my chair writing, I was playing the beautiful instrumental work titled Watermark. As the song surrounded me with its beauty my attention was drawn toward the front window of our living room that overlooks a timbered mountainside. Framed in the window were the faces of my father and mother. Both have been in the presence of the Lord for many years. I wasn’t seeing them in this realm. I saw them as two people gazing through the gauzy veil that separates us. They looked young, in their prime. Peace bathed their image. They looked at me with wonder, joy and serenity.

As I continue to look at the suspended image of my parents there were no words spoken only the reassurance that something beautiful exists beyond this life. Scripture tells us we are “surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses”. In that cloud now stand my parents. God allowed me to see them watching their son in a special moment of recognition as a gift to them and to me.

I was overcome with emotion, not because my parents were gone, but because they were present just beyond the veil. I looked up and said, “Thank you” and blew them a kiss as their image receded back into eternity.

As I write these words, I want you to know you are not alone. There is something great and beyond your wildest imagination at work all around you. Do not fear anything.  Just as a beautiful song opened my soul this morning to see through the veil, so it will be with many of you. When you next engage a moment of beauty do not be surprised if the Lord uses that moment as a portal through which He will send you a poignant message or an image to let you know this life is not the end. It is only the beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment