Monday, October 24, 2016

Dead End Journeys

One morning last week, I left my motel room to take a morning walk before I drove on to my next ministry assignment. As I walked up a main street, I passed a strange little side street with an “End” sign at the edge of the pavement. The street was only about 10 feet long. It looked like a joke some construction worker had erected, but it was real.  As I stopped and looked on in amusement the Lord began to speak to me.



There are many things being announced as major events in our culture, but they are nothing more than side street diversions leading to a dead end of wasted time, energy and emotion. Keep your feet on the main road of God’s will and don’t be drawn into the side streets. God is about to make known things not found on the curious side streets of diversion.  If you find your life diverted get back on the main road and keep walking. Dead end journeys are not part of your assignment or your calling.


“You will make known to me the path of life.” Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment