Saturday, March 2, 2019

Experiencing the Heat of God's Presence

This morning, I sat down in my writing chair a bit earlier than normal. I had a direction for what I planned to write today, but then the Lord changed that direction.

As I sat in the early morning stillness, an image developed before me of wax figures. They appeared like the reproductions of famous people you would see in a wax museum. As I continued to watch the developing scene, I saw these figures walking along the streets of our cities and in the halls of the institutions in our culture. 

I saw the presence of the Lord enter the frame of the spiritual movie I was watching. The heat of His presence began to melt some of the people who stood in positions of cultural influence. These individuals occupied what appeared at first to be unapproachable positions of authority atop the 7 mountains of culture. The faces of these wax figures began to melt exposing the hidden persona behind the illusion of their image.  The wax figures were eventually reduced to nothing more than a puddle under the influence of God’s presence. I saw people stepping over these waxy remains and moving forward under the call of God.

God is about to surprise some of us regarding who and what will melt as His presence begins to move through our culture. We have carried many assumptions into this season of our history. God will melt our assumptions in the process. Prepare to be surprised at what will melt in the coming days. The heat of God’s presence is no respecter of persons.

“The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, before the Lord of all the earth” 
(Psalms 97:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment