Thursday, March 7, 2019

Creating Healthy Spiritual Environments

My teaching is not limited to public gatherings like a Sunday morning church service or a conference setting. Many times I am offered an itinerary where I am able to speak with the primary leadership team of a church or business. This is where I believe deeper traction and impact can take place because if I can influence leaders, I will be able to influence the group they serve.

This week, I had the opportunity to speak with the leadership team of a great church and several entrepreneurs from the business community who are part of their ministry. I was talking to them about the spiritual environment we create in a church or business by the quality of life we choose to live. Our private life will eventually have a public influence on the group we serve or the product we create.

I thought my talking points might be helpful. Here are the four points from my notes:

1. God prunes our lives and our ministries to define and in some cases, redefine our vision and life-mission. Pruning personnel or resources is never a joyful experience, but it is a critical step in our development. Pruning creates clarity and increased momentum.

2. Cutting corners in personal purity and excellence will change our spiritual shape in a negative way both individually and corporately. Compromise is an enemy of faith. Treat it like an unwelcome intruder.

3. Every upgrade in our mission, both personally and corporately, will require that something is left behind if we are going to move forward under the power of the Spirit. 

4. Upgrades do not upgrade our calling or our identity. Upgrades reposition us to see what we could not see about our life and calling before the upgrade took place.




No comments:

Post a Comment