Monday, December 16, 2019

Guarded Hearts

Years ago, in my previous life, I guarded lives as a profession. Once, my team helped guard the President of the United States. I have guarded celebrities as part of their security detail and stood in courtrooms guarding a judge and jury during the trial of international terrorists. I’ve guarded the lives of hostages as a hostage negotiator. 

The most challenging guarding assignment of all has been trying to guard the condition of my heart. The human heart carries an arsenal of weaponry waiting to be fired in an undisciplined moment of anger or impatience. It requires the guarding presence of our will and the empowerment of God’s Spirit to safeguard others from its deadly impact. Guard your heart well. Guard it wisely. The lives of those you love are on the line.

“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it”
 (Proverbs 4:23).

No comments:

Post a Comment