Monday, February 25, 2019

God's Light of Revelation

Last night, after a full night of sleep, I awoke early in the darkness. As I was lying in bed, a notification was sent to my cell phone at 3:30 am. The message lit up the phone’s screen and that little bit of light faintly illuminated the bedroom just enough for me to make out where all the furniture was positioned. 

As I looked around in the illuminated darkness, I sensed the Lord begin to speak. “Your decision has been surrounded by darkness. It is not the darkness of evil. It is the darkness that surrounds a circumstance without My revelation. I am sending the answer you requested and that answer will have enough illumination to help you find your way. When the light comes, rise up and move forward. At that moment, you will know that I have made a way.”

Just as I was in total darkness in our bedroom moments before a message lit up the screen of my cell phone and illuminated my surroundings, so it will be for some of you seeking an answer for the next step in your journey.  In the darkness, wait in hope. God will be faithful to answer you and bring the needed illumination that will arrive with His revelation. When His word comes, swing your feet out onto the floor of an unfolding new season and take your first step into a new day. What was a mystery will no longer be a mystery because you will now see what the Lord wanted you to see but remained hidden in the darkness.

“Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path” (Psalms 119:105).

No comments:

Post a Comment