Monday, January 28, 2019

The Awakened Ones

Years ago, I got up early in the morning while it was still dark and thought I was late for work. I hustled out of bed, showered and got dressed. After I was fully dressed and still thinking I was late, I looked at the kitchen clock and it read 1:30 am. I was not a happy camper. 

At the moment I realized my mistake, I considered heading back to bed but knew I was now fully awake. I got enough sleep to probably toss and turn for the next few hours if I did return to bed. I had another thought. 

I got in my car and headed to an all-night diner and had an early breakfast. As my car moved toward the diner my disgust at a premature awakening began to fade away. Once the issue of my early rising was resolved, I settled down and started to enjoy the vacant streets. I could see things in the night that were not there in the day. In a strange way, it felt like I was on a special assignment. The breakfast at the diner was great. I got to see people who lived in the night that did not appear in my normal schedule of life. When I finally arrived at work, I was fresh and ready to go while my co-workers were still trying to shake off the night.

Some of you have been prepared spiritually for a long time while those around you continue to sleep. You have been waiting to discover the reason for what seems like a premature awakening. You are about to find out the reason and then you will understand. In the meantime, the most important thing you can do is to adjust your attitude to your new circumstance. God has awakened you for a reason. Being awake, not asleep, is your calling. 

In your awakened state you will see what those still wrapped in spiritual slumber do not see. This is your time of prayer. You have been awakened to watch and pray. The dawn of your situation is coming. When it does arrive, you will have seen what God wants you to see and you will have invested in that insight with prayer. When the light of day finally illuminates the issues of your life, you will not panic and run around like someone who was awakened b a rude alarm clock. You will be ready to move in a level of confidence only available to those who have been awakened and prepared by the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment