Friday, September 22, 2017

If Tomorrow Never Comes

I was listening to music via my Pandora account when the Garth Brooks song, If Tomorrow Never Comes, began to play. I listened intently to the beautiful lyrics.

“Sometimes late at night I lie awake and watch her sleeping. She's lost in peaceful dreams. So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark and the thought crosses my mind, ‘If I never wake up in the morning would she ever doubt the way I feel about her in my heart?’ If tomorrow never comes will she know how much I loved her.”

About 30 years ago, I made a commitment to tell my wife and children how much I love them every day, multiple times. You would think I thought my family was hard of hearing based on how many times I tell my wife and children I love them each day. I want them to hear the words coming from my lips and see the love in my eyes when I speak the words, “I love you.”

Love never lives in silence. It makes a sound. When God created the world, He spoke. The sound of love expressed to those we love will echo in their hearts long after we are gone creating cherished memories of our presence in our lives.

The lyrics of Garth’s song went on say, “I’ve lost love ones in my life who never knew how much I loved them, now I live with that regret that my true feelings for them were never revealed. So I made a promise to myself to say each day how much she means to me and avoid that circumstance where there’s no second chance to tell her how I feel.”

Live and express love daily. Never give regret a place in your life. Tell them how much you love them.



1 comment:

  1. This describes my life, I felt God was telling me a person I loved would die. What do you want me to do? Just love her. She stopped breathing three times in 36hrs, not sure whether that was the end of God's word.

    The 22nd is also my deceased mother's birthday

    ReplyDelete