Saturday, August 6, 2016

It's Never Time To Throw Up Your Hands In Despair


The phrase, “I am ready to throw up my hands”, is defined in the dictionary as, “to give up in despair.” This should never be the mindset of a follower of Jesus Christ because hope is always on our horizon. I have heard this negative confession made by a number of people in recent conversations and on social media regarding the current situation in our culture. It concerns me, especially when I hear the same thought occasionally rolling around in my head in a moment of frustration.


These negative and hopeless thoughts need to be challenged because they do not represent the Kingdom of God. The only time you and I should throw up our hands is in an expression of worship, never in despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment