Sunday, January 10, 2016

We All Need An Editor


I am thankful for two gifted editors in my life - Anna Elkins and Julie Smith.  They help make sure the content of what I write is not lost in sea of bad grammar, sloppy structure or misleading content.  Behind the scene is my wife, Jan, who reads the heart of what I write. Writing is not for the faint of heart!

There have been times when I did not want to hear the editorial input I was given. In fact, some of it left me wondering why I had opened my life up to outside input in the first place. Without these faithful editors a writer can become a lone ranger, isolated in a very small world of personal insight.

In the end, none of this is about us.  We are simply transmitters of truth. We cannot live our lives alone and expect to remain emotionally and spiritually healthy.  We all need life-editors who will examine our lives with love and honor and offer their insight. 

Today, invite some editors into your life who have permission to examine the content of your life so that it matches the message you have been asked to release. At first this won’t be easy, but in the end, after God has worked on the content of your heart, it will leave behind a life-message that can be easily read and applied.



No comments:

Post a Comment