Sunday, April 5, 2009

"The Blood Points The Way" by Garris Elkins

When I was a young cop I was taught about crime scene investigation in the Police Academy. We learned about blood evidence. Later, after years of working the streets, I became a detective. When a murder would take place I would arrive at the scene and begin to collect evidence.

There is something interesting about the evidence that blood drops leave behind. Falling straight down, blood will make a fairly uniform spot. But when the wounded suspect or victim is moving, the blood droplet will fall striking the ground, and then thin out, becoming a point indicating the direction the person was moving.

During this Easter season I think about the blood Jesus shed for each of us. After His death on the Cross, He was taken down and moved towards the tomb. As His blood fell to the ground He left an evidence trail of what was to come. His blood pointed to the tomb and His coming resurrection that we celebrate during Easter week.

My prayer today is that all we do as His people will also point towards His will and purpose that was empowered by His death and resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment